Monday, September 5, 2016

Nottingham Food


A little round up of some of my favourite independent places to eat and drink in Nottingham.


A cute bakery in the Hockley area, I've been wanting to go there all year as every time I pass it I am tempted by the home made bread in the window. The inside was different to what I expected, with graffiti style cartoon paintings all over the walls - even the toilet had an ode to Hockley, mentioning some of the popular independent places to go in Notts. I'd definitely recommend dropping by for lunch. I was lucky enough to choose a sunny day, but there is plenty of space to sit inside too! There is an option for everyone, with a huge variety of both breads and fillings, including pizzas and focaccia's. Mine had prosciutto, tomato and rocket - beautiful!

Every time someone visits me in Nottingham, I seem to take them to this cafe, mostly because I want an excuse to have one of their gorgeous cakes! Pictured is the Oreo Cheesecake, but I can also recommend the Blondie Brownie and the Cookies and Cream cake. They sell more than cake though, I'd recommend here if you're wanting a big breakfast or lovely lunch, with a selection of healthy homemade meals on the menu.

Suede is a little bit hidden away, but is worth finding! A pizza place with a retro theme, they do great pizzas that don't break the bank as well as their tasty cocktails. It's a cool place to hang out, with a cassette tape wall, an old pacman game in the corner, and a nod to Salt-N-Pepa on the door. Take a look!

Supposedly the oldest pub in England, this has been on the list to go to all year. It was a lovely day so we sat outside - triple cooked chips MUST be ordered! - but as soon as you head inside to order it is like you've stepped underground. Built into the side of the castle walls, the inside is like a cave with stone walls and ceilings. It's a lovely area too, a day could be spent in the castle and also have many options of eating and drinking on the way down the hill to Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem!


I am cheating a little bit with this one as I haven't actually eaten here, only drunk. However, they do food and when I have seen other peoples it looks great and makes me want to try it! I recommend this place simply due to its aesthetics. On a sunny day, sit outside in the floral terrace and watch the canal boats go by. Getting a bit chillier? You can head inside and still gaze at a canal boat surrounded by fairy lights and a relaxing atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment