Tuesday, October 10, 2017

More Embroidery and Birthday Cards..



I thought I'd do a quick post showing some more crafty projects I did before uni started. For my sisters birthday, I attempted another piece of embroidery work - a geometric elephant!

I got the geometric image of an elephant from Pinterest and printed it out, tracing it onto my fabric using a water soluble pen. I started with a pale pink outline, filling in each triangle with different colours and patterns. I put it in a box frame (mine is from Wilkos) to display it, finishing the edges with a buttonhole stitch.


I also made use of my Paper Lovers Book from Kikki.k to make her birthday card. It was a really quick make, with all of the bits easily popped out of the book and stuck together using glue. I chose an A.A.Milne quote as we both loved Winnie the Pooh as children, so thought it was quite relevant as well as sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment