Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Saturday at Leeds Festival


Even though we are wimps/poor and didn't dare camp, I couldn't go to Leeds Fest without doing a cheeky blog post. I thought I'd share a mini photo diary (although they aren't the best) and a quick run down of who I saw and who were my favourites!

To say we were only there for a day, we got to see a tonne of bands. We were basically running between the Main Stage and Radio 1/NME Stage all day, with a few being half a set due to timetabling. We did try the Dance tent, but lasted a whole 10 minutes..

In a quick round up, we saw: Mallory Knox, Declan McKenna, Circa Waves, Oh Wonder, Anne Marie, Two Door Cinema Club, Bastille, Kasabian and You Me At Six.


My Top 3: 


Kasabian 


I have seen these a few times with my mum (yes, she has a great taste in music for a 50 year old!), however always been seated. This time I got the chance to dance around in the crowd, and almost get dragged into a mosh-pit.. Sadly we only saw half of the set because we wanted to see You Me at Six too, but with every one of Kasabian's songs old and new being massive anthems, I still loved it!


Oh Wonder 

I have really liked Oh Wonder since I first heard Without You played on Radio 1. Their songs chill me out and their albums have both got played on repeat to get me through my two years at uni when stress levels were high. I fell in love with them so much more live. They made what I saw as relaxing songs very cool and fun, and Josephine seemed to be loving every second too! I would love to see them again soon.


Two Door Cinema Club

I think Two Door Cinema Club were my highlight of the day. I have loved them for years but sadly never got to see them live, so it was finally time, and they were definitely worth the wait! It probably helped that the sun was shining bright, but all of their songs got everyone dancing and feeling happy! They are the perfect band to put you in high spirits.


Main Stage - Two Door Cinema Club set



 


No comments:

Post a Comment