Monday, March 6, 2017

Abstract - Netflix




Recently I have been watching the Netflix documentary 'Abstract - The Art of Design'. The series follows 8 different successful designers and their story, showing their thinking and process behind ideas. My favourites were Paula Scher and Christoph Niemann as their practise, graphic design and illustration, relate to my personal interests and degree, showing what it is like to work in the business. However, it was also really interesting learning about other types of designers - for example stage designer Es Devlin and the story behind Beyonce's stage at the Formation tour. 

I'd recommend the whole series for anyone interested in design of any kind, as looking into each pathway can inspire something in your own work, or can help with your personal work ethic. 

Here's a couple of quotes I took from the series! 

"I need to be a much more ruthless editor, and a much more careless artist" - Christoph Niemann

"The design of the logo is never the hard job, it's persuading a million people to use it" - Paula Scher





No comments:

Post a Comment