Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hello September!



I don't know how I feel about saying hello to September.. not only does it mean that it is nearly time to get back to university, but also it means I will be turning 21 very very soon! Scary how time flies. However, it also means I have to say goodbye to a pretty good month of August. I have been back and forth between home and work a lot, meaning lots of money for the new term, but thankfully I've managed to get out and about to do a few fun things to!

1) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - I am a massive Harry Potter nerd as you probably know by now, so you can imagine my excitement when the day after I'd finished reading the new Cursed Child book I managed to get my hands on some tickets for the play! Now to wait another year til I can actually see it..


2) Yorkshire Wildlife Park - we made the most out of the sunny days and took a trip to Yorkshire Wildlife Park. It is great having a new zoo practically on my door step, it's only the second time I have been but its worth the trip. I got to see my favourites - giraffes - and even stroke a wallaby! Crikey.

3) Mapfest - If you're not from Doncaster you'll have no idea what this is, but it is basically a small town version of Tramlines. Lots of pubs and bars in town host a range of different bands, a different genre per venue, and you basically go round with your mates and get drunk! It was a fun night, we tried some new places and bumped into old school friends.


4) Newcastle - I headed on the drive to Newcastle as it was two of my close friends birthdays, so we spent the day in a very posh cocktail bar drinking prosecco, followed by a yummy pasta in Zizzi's. Sadly I couldn't go on the night out as I was working the next day, but I had a fun day out and am glad my friends had fab 20th birthdays!

5) Gym - Since being home I have started going to the gym more, mainly due to my best friend forcing me, but I have been going about 2 or 3 times a week. I've realised how much better it does make you feel, especially when I'm not doing much the rest of the day. I get a burst of energy, and my new gym leggings are the ultimate comfort! After all, I need something to counteract all of these meals out I keep having.


6) Finding Dory - me and my sister had to go and see Finding Dory ASAP, so we met in Xscape Castleford, gorged on KFC and then sat giggling. It's great, not quite as great as Nemo, but you need to go and watch it!

7) Mum and Dad's Birthdays - August is quite full of birthdays, my mum and dads being within a week of each other. This has somehow meant 3 meals out this week - one on each birthday and another in the middle - because why not?! I can't turn down a good meal.

8) Mini Golf - I got the chance to use my golf skills the other day and headed down to the mini golf in Nottingham after work. It was a fun evening, and I even got 4 holes in one. Go me!

9) New Flat - I have made the big move back down to Nottingham this month as I have been given lots of extra hours at work, so since I have had to get out of halls I have moved straight into my new flat. It is great - I now have an actual TV to watch, a sofa to sit on, and a double bed that I still can't quite work out how to sleep on! I'm trying to make it look pretty, so a few shopping trips to get cute blue accessories is needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment