Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Agathe Sorlet Research


I came across Agathe Sorlet's work when I was in London over summer, as it just so happened that the week we had booked to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play was also London Design Week. With not much time before our train home, we headed towards the Spitalfields and Shoreditch areas to simply explore. I loved the areas and came across so many creative shops and cafes, and spotted a sign for a gallery selling prints. I couldn't tell you the name of it for the life of me, but it had some lovely work, one of them being Agathe Sorlet.

Not being much of an illustrator myself,  I always appreciate people who can make their drawings look great! Sorlet's are bright and fun, celebrating the female body and real relationships in a humorous and quirky way. I love her use of colour and especially the use of negative space, with colours merging into each other. She is just another illustrator I have added to my list of 'Prints I want to buy when I'm an actual grown up with my own house to hang them in'...

Check out her fun style on her website and instagram @agathesorlet.




No comments:

Post a Comment